Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunday Sips: Indian Brown Ale

Beer Name:  Indian Brown Ale

Brewed By/In:  Dogfish Head / Milton, DE

ABV:  7.2%

Best Served In:  Stein, Pint Glass

Characteristics:  Pours the color of cola with a head of relative color that sits for about 2 minutes.  Emanations of coffee and malts jump from the glass.  Chocolatey, roasted flavors smoothly fill the mouth.  Medium mouthfeel - definitely made its presence known without overpowering my taste buds.  Said to be the hybrid of beers, this brew definitely possesses qualities of the IPAs, American Brown Ales, and Scotch Ales it draws from.

Food-pairing:  Salads topped with balsamic vinaigrette.


Overall:  8.8 - It has taken years to get my palate to appreciate the flavor of brown ales the way I do with Dogfish Head's.  Absolutely nectarous.  Although I do not recommend having more than one after 7pm, it did not send me to bed as I thought this 7.2% would.  Thankfully, this is a year-round hybrid found in many distributors.

My weekend get away to Rehoboth Beach, DE inspired my choice for this week's Sips.  Let's raise a glass to staying on vacation for one last minute.  Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment