Sunday, March 17, 2013

Erin Go Bragh!


For a few days I had planned on writing about St. Patrick's Day myths or writing about the best Irish beers.  Then another thought came into my head: what were my St. Patrick's Days like growing up?  So I decided to pay homage to my Mother and to my childhood by keeping it green.  No, I did not buy shamrock stickers to accent my eyes.  Rather, I brought our traditional St Paddy's Day breakfast to dinner and added my favorite complement: beer!  Like Sue's breakfasts of my younger years, I prepared green eggs and green shamrock-shaped pancakes.  Spoiler alert: my Mom's pancakes were much better shaped than mine and that was before Pinterest was around to teach her how!  In lieu of green orange juice, I added a Harp lager that I dyed green.  Quick tips: choose a light colored beer and pour about half into the glass, tip 1 drop of food coloring in, pour the remaining beer, it will mix itself!

As we stirred the batter and I dripped McCormick green coloring into my food and drink, I thought fondly of those mornings with my mom and my siblings. Happy Saint Patrick's Day and Slainte!

Where ever you go and whatever you do,
May the luck of the Irish always be with you!



Brewed in Dublin, Ireland!


No comments:

Post a Comment