Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Sips: Dead Guy Ale

Beer Name:  Dead Guy Ale

Brewed By/In:   Rogue Brewery / Newport, OR

ABV:  6.5%

Best Served In:  Pint glass from the tap

Characteristics:  Cloudy, honey color.  Has a spiced smell but not overwhelming.  Medium mouthfeel - satisfying but not weighty; good carbonation.  Has a roasted taste when first splashing on my tongue but finished light like caramel.

Food-pairing:  Spicy foods

Overall:  8.5 - I was surprised how much I enjoyed this brew.  I have not given Rogue enough of a chance but I will definitely change my ways after sipping this skeleton-donned libation (see tap-topper).  I, without a doubt, could have had a second and would have felt just as satisfied.  With a little research, I have found that Dead Guy is in the Maibock style - more to come on what this means and what other beers are brewed in this style.  

I apologize for leaving you Sips-less since 2011, but I am feeling recharged and ready to continue sipping and blogging all the way through 2012.  Slainte!

(Image provided by Google Images)

1 comment:

  1. Denise - your ears must be ringing, I just spent about 30 minutes reading through your blog!

    ReplyDelete