Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome to 2012!

In lieu of Sunday Sips, I thought I would bring you into my living room for New Year's Eve.  While the final moments of the year 2011 drew near, in the midst of hummus and other homemade fruit and buffalo dips, some of my favorite people and I pinged our glasses together with a fruity concoction.  Although the photo is not completely clear (my fault - I hastily tried to sneak a shot on my cell phone between Lady Gaga's performance and Dick Clark's countdown), trust me when I say the glass had a vibrant hue and a cloy hit to the taste buds.   And yes, I thought a margarita glass was the most stylish way to serve this treat.  Two parts sparkling grape juice mixed with one part Landeman's Framboise Raspberry Lambic puckered the lips up for the New Year's kiss.  The acidic tartness of the berries paired with the sweet, champagne-like qualities of the grape juice awakened the palate at midnight.  I would certainly recommend this quick, cheap duet of flavors for your next gathering.  So let's raise a glass to a new year and to new endeavors.  Make 2012 the best year yet.  Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment