Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Sips: Whirlwind Witbier


Beer Name:  Whirlwind Witbier

Brewed By/In:  Victory Brewing Co. / Downingtown, PA

Beer Type:  Witbier

Best Served In:  Pilsner, Stein, or Pint glasses

ABV:  5%

Characteristics:  Smells wheaty and sweet.  Pours with the characteristic unfiltered haziness, sunglow yellow and is topped with a thin layer of foam.  Soft tastes of honey, coriander, citrus and mashed wheat enhanced by the carbonation.  Clean but spiced finish balances

Food-pairing:  Shellfish, Salads topped with vinaigrette, Fruit, Popcorn

Overall:  8.9 - Whirlwind Witbier has a special place in my heart.  It was one of the first craft beers that I tried that inspired my interest and enthusiasm and ultimately this blog.  In fact, one of my first entries for Beer Taste on a Beer Budget was rooted in this incredible Victory delight.  Although my palate has changed and evolved, I have fond memories of sitting on the porch of my parents' house in late April chatting and cackling as the sun set.

Let's a raise to the return of beautiful Spring days and to the arrival of my new role - unclehood.  Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment