Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Big Apple Crafts its Packs

I spent all of this last weekend in the city that never sleeps - New York City.  More specifically, on the island of Manhattan.  I visited friends of old and new, schlepped up and down blocks where anything goes and crafted my own pack.  Thanks to some of my favorite Manhattanites, I was opened up to City Swiggers.  What an awesome concept.  They have a vast selection of craft brews and ciders both cold and room temperature.  They even supply the cardboard carrier!  They feature many New York state brews - Brooklyn, Ithaca, Blue Point - but have a great choice of others libations such as Victory, Abita and Riverhorse.  Additionally, they have a 5-6 seat bar in the center of the establishment so you can sample what's on tap or to wash down your recent purchases.  This penny pincher over here even loved the prices.  I couldn't believe that in the Upper East Side of Manhattan, these bottles were less than $3/bottle.  I was amazed and pleased.  For all my New Yorkers, here is a great stop if you are looking to buy only a few specific bottles for the right price.

In my opinion, every beer store should run like this.  Just sayin'.  Slainte!

Diana on the hunt for the perfect beverage.


(Photos by author)

No comments:

Post a Comment