Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday Sips: Beer Cocktail

Happy July!  With the beginning of a new month, I figured I would make a slight to this week's Sunday Sips entry.  It has been on my list all summer to put my own spin a Beer Cocktail.  Many recipes use a combination of beer, juice, and stirred with either wine or liquor.  Unfortunately, my body cannot handle that kind of loaded alcohol content.  So I thought, How can I twist a seemingly normal summer drink?  Got it - Arnold Palmer Iced Tea Lemonade.  Here is a clever way to jazz up your glass, save on alcohol content and stretch the life of your beer.  


Take a whole can of Arnold Palmer Iced Tea Lemonade (AP) and pour into a glass that will leave you with some wiggle room.  Take a bottle of Blue Dawg Brewing's Rascal Wild Red Raspberry Lager*.  



For every can of AP, I would suggest somewhere between 1/4-1/2 cup of lager added to your glass.  Wild Red is tart and pungent so a little goes a long way.


The zip of carbonation and perfect ruby color bring new life to your AP.  




Next time I make this, I want to garnish the glass with a few pieces of fruit - perhaps a mix of lemon slices, raspberries and blueberries.  Please try and let me know what you think and how it goes.  Slainte!


*This link will lead you to Blue Dawg's other featured fruit lager - Wild Blue.  There is no specific website available for only Wild Red.  


(Photos by author)

No comments:

Post a Comment